Last March, my teammates surprised me with a birthday cake and a frame which had reasons relating to why I am a perfect boss, friend, planner, etc. It was an effort on their part to collate and layout the responses, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the perfect boss; thus, I am truly grateful. :)
Since I decided to go on hiatus (coordination) and focus on emceeing, I have not seen most of my teammates for a month now. I truly miss them, so today, I'd like to make my top 10 tribute for them.
You are the perfect 10 teammates because:
1) You give your heart and soul to every wedding.
2) You work 14, 15, and even 18 hours straight during a wedding without complaining even if you have day jobs and I know there are times when you'd rather spend your weekend in bed -- getting extra hours of sleep and rest.
3) You sincerely apologize when you feel you've made a mistake.
4) You move fast even if we are on our 14th hour and we haven't had any decent meal since the previous day.
5) You work like clockwork; thus, negating the dependence on 2-way radios.
6) You give credence to my very detailed instructions by underlining/highlighting your parts and really striving to do each of them according to the given sequence.
7) You have adopted the highest standards not just because you want to please me, but because you know a wedding is "once-in-a-lifetime" for the couple. You genuinely want them to remember the day with big smiles on their faces.
8) You ALL work on the day. Walang coord na for display purposes lang. At hindi rin for display purposes lang ang clipboard na hawak niyo.
9) As much as you can, you strive to avoid giving me excuses, rather you think of ways to achieve what the couple wants -- despite various constraints.
For the 10th note, I'd like to go personal...
Ari, I can't thank you enough for making things happen and for troubleshooting especially during reception preps. Even if you're given only 2 hours by certain venues, you strive to make it appear like you had the whole day to prepare. Thank you for reminding me when I forget things, thank you for giving me peace of mind that the reception area will be ok when guests arrive simply because you are at the helm. Thank you for giving your extra creative touch, and most of all, thank you for staying nice and polite even when the going gets rough.
Ace, thank you for working hard at being a church lead. You don't just look for necessary individuals, you tirelessly orient them and make sure they know what to do. I used "tirelessly" because a) some don't remember what we told them when the cameras are trained at them, and b) some think they know better and would even give impolite responses. Thank you for doing your part all throughout the mass. I know even if I don't get to church on time, the march and everything else will go smoothly because you're there and you know what to do.
Robin, thank you for the extra burst of cheer you bring to every wedding and for teaching all of us to do the tasks with a smile. Thank you for taking up the cudgels for Ari and stepping up whenever needed -- covering not only for your team, but for the people who go missing at crucial points. I know you strive hard to do what you're supposed to do and more. Thank you for that.
Tine, thank you for being the right mix of kindness and "sungit-ness", your unique persuasive abilities have come in handy more times than I can count -- from church personnel to little bearers and flower girls, no one can resist your charm. Thank you, too, for being the ever trusty church second lead and property custodian. I know things will go from church to reception venue even if I don't double check.
Warren, thank you for being there to take on different roles -- from taking care of the groom's side during preps, to doing various church and reception duties, to handling the sound system when the manong goes missing, to driving for everyone... Jack of all trades! When the going gets rough, I know I can count on you to be by my side -- "protector cousin mode". Thank you for that.
John, thank you for taking your tasks to heart and for reminding others of their task lists when needed. Thanks for driving and meeting the pressure of time requirements vs. traffic head on. Although you argue with me, you've shown that in the end, you're my brother and you will be there to protect me and stand by me when the situation calls for it. Merely "standing tall" beside me is enough... Thank you.
Queen, from giving your all to assist the bride to going beyond as you help sew problematic gowns, cut off brownish edges of petals (bouquets), and create personalized matches on the day of the wedding, you've really shown how you've taken weddings to heart. Despite extra heavy ruffled trains, dumbbell bouquets, and extra difficult pictorial areas, you've managed to smile and work through it all... Thank you for that.
To all those who joined the team at the beginning and who are still there to help when needed, thank you so much... my appreciation for your efforts is really beyond words... :)
Ari, Ace, Tine, Robin, John, Warren, and Queen, see you in two weeks! :)